Sunday 23 March 2014

Confidence is growing...

The first quarter of the year I was looking for suitable trading strategies. I tried NBA, different approaches at soccer and tennis. Especially the football strategies were a disappointment. After three months I decided to focus on tennis. At the beginning I had my doubts if the strategies of Sultan work for me. I lost some trades and thought it's because the strategies. Now I can tell, that it was a mixture of bad luck and inadequate selection. You need patience to wait for the right entry point. It can happen, that you watch ten tennis games without making any trade. Some months ago I was bored about this fact, but now I see the benefits. Even without a trade, watching games helps to get a feeling of the players form and the market behaviour.

So far, the tournament at Miami is a success. The stakes are still small. The money management would allow a bit higher liabilities, but to strenghten the confidence it's alright in this way. Despite I am not 100% happy with the greens I can manage with good entries. The fear to lose a trade is still bigger than the trust in picking a good, long running, winner. On the other hand I read on the blog of Sultan that he changed last summer (after rising the stakes) his trading style for shorter waves. The advantage it's obvious. The variance of bad runs will be smaller. The disadvantage are the above mentionend smaller profits.

At soccer I just execute one strategy. Today I made a mistake because I didn't follow the game beside tennis. So I got a terrible matched bet. Fortunately I could cover the lost afterwards with a freestyle bet. Actually it should not work like this. I just have to be more concentrated when I am trading soccer. It's a quiet automatic strategy but it's too dangerous to let a trade unattended how I did...

Tomorrow or let's better say today the tennis tournament at Miami will continue. Beside there are two or three interesting soccer games. For sure another interesting day it's on his way...

No comments:

Post a Comment