Wednesday 14 May 2014

Partnership in sight?!

Since two days I work together with an experienced full time trader from France. He already reached the premium charge of Betfair and is interested in a partnership. I think it's a good opportunity for me. The "apprenticeship" with Sultan is more or less over. The academy officially ends at the end of the season, but I don't see anymore much added value for me. Actually it's a good sign, because I learned his approach and his mentality. So I benefited a lot, but to reach the next level I have to work closer with a professional. In my eyes it's missing the live support in Sultan's package to reach the final stage. I don't blame him for this, because he never made wrong promises. I just feel that I have to go additional ways to accomplish the real breakthrough. I am still at stage four if you you take the trading cycle: http://www.geekstoy.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1589

At the moment we are discussing the details. He plans to trade courtside during the French Open. So it's just the right time to fix this partnership.

Today I traded some matches, but missed two great opportunities (Sijsling and Seppi). If you are not 100% focused during a trading day this happens. Unfortunately the good trades went in the wrong direction (also for my partner). In the end I just had two lost trades (Barthel and Robredo) and two very small greens (Kvitova and Cibulkova). If Petra Kvitova would win the match and Dominika Cibulkova at least one set, I would have a decent profit. Together with the missed trades was too much failure to make a profit. On the financial view it was a disappointing day. Despite this fact I am happy, because my comprehension for value is so much better now.

Unfortunately the TV coverage doesn't meet my taste tomorrow. I would prefer to see (value) games like Ivanovic vs. Cornet, Halep vs. Keys or Lepchenko vs. Stephens. Instead they are showing matchups which I expect very onesided like Federer vs. Chardy, Gulbis vs. Robert or Nadal vs. Simon. Perhaps the mentioned games will be better than expected, but I don't reckon much opportunities tomorrow. Perhaps I will do some scoreboard trading with lower stakes, but it's not my favourite way to trade.

No comments:

Post a Comment